Sunday, November 22, 2009

Back Door Paper

Have you noticed that the roll of paper hanging in your library has changed size?
We needed a few rolls pronto so I stopped at the local Mart store (K) which is not our preferred supplier of paper products but will do in a pinch (no pun intended). Got home hung the paper on the hook. Something looked a bit odd or sloppy. It turns out the roll is about 3/4" narrower then what has been the norm for as long as I can remember.

Now it’s not a big deal but just another change that reminds me that I'am getting old and some kinds of change just suck. Not so much when I use the paper as intended but when I use it to blow the nose it seams just a bit small. I might have to start using Kleenex.
Looks like I will need to do some research on where the paper is still as wide as the good old days. I can only hope that it is still available somewhere. If not maybe we the paper consumers can demand a full width paper again or boycott the product all together. Not betting that many will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment